Friday, November 17

Advantages of working in an upcoming startup

when I moved from Hyderabad to Chennai, this is a small company with around 30 employees, at Chennai and US. I am still not sure of what made me take the decision to move to this place, but, after two years here, I am glad that I made the move and never regretted the decision.

Today, we are 300+work force, with 6 facilities in India and couple in US. Its still growing. I am happy and feel proud to be one of the people who worked towards its growth. I joined here as a Analyst programmer, and with in short duration, I had grown to the level of taking care of a project with a team of 10 members on my own, as a PL. I got the opp to work in the areas I like, work in the project I like and do what I like. Career wise, I got complete freedom to chose my path.

I am able to resume a lot of activities that I used to take up in school and college. Basically, I am learning, learning to be a leader, learning to do a lot of things. The management trusted me and trusts me and I am working hard to keep it up.

I think that if I had not made the move, where would I have been and I cannot even imagine. I never thought of it. I cannot even think of moving from here. but, there might be a day, when I get married, when I had to leave all these wonderful people and the company and step into a new life.

I donno when it happens, but, till then, I am here