Monday, October 11

Service Tax

Today, I was writing cheques to pay the insurance premia for myself and my sister. Then, Dad who has been observng me, told me to add 10.2% extra amount o te premium instalment that I am paying.

I was surprised and then asked im, why. Its then I realised that becos of the latest changes in Service Tax policies by Indian government, we ahve to pay service tax for Inusrance Premium also. This is really scary. The otherday I noticed my Banker charging me service tax for some of the services used by me. I was wondering why. I questioned my dad the same. He works for a Bank and when he explained me the whole fundoo behind this service tax, I opened my mouth in surprise. Cos, we are paying service tax more than once for every good we purchase and with the latest changes, we are paying large amounts towards it.

when people who are good at finance rule the nation, they always device ways to gather money from the public. My Mom was complaining for few days that the prices of consumables went up sharply and suddenly. Tamarind, which used to around 55/kg is now around 100/kg and many things like this.

I wonder when we can get back to normal life and that stays a wonder. Things always go up, but never down. Rising Cost of Petrol/Gas and Diesel, cosnumables, Fares, everything on rise except the salaries which stay the same. And companies are becoming smart that they try to decrease he salary on the name of brand.

The surprising element is that Inflation is shown to be going down. I cant understand how? Can anyone explain this logic??????